Critical Illness can bring a lot of emotional and financial hardship to both the family and the person diagnosed.
Critical Illness Insurance is a living benefit that provides a lump sum payment if you become seriously ill. This benefit offers reliable and affordable protection for YOU, your children, your parents or business partners.
Critical illness insurance became a very popular protection for families and professionals.
The money is usually used for:
– medication, treatment, specialists or out or country treatment
– maintain your financial independence
– finding the best medical care
– home accommodations and private nursing
– modifications to your home or vehicle
– loss of income when you are not working
– to pay for travel, related to treatment or leisure
– to pay for your mortgage, line of credit, credit cards, car loans
The average age of people who make a claim on critical illness insurance is 49 (Source: Munich Reinsurance Co., 2005.)
Cancer (Source: The Canadian Cancer Society)
– 1 in 3 Canadians will develop cancer in their lifetime
– 1 in 3 women and 1 in 2.5 men will develop cancer in their lifetime
– 1 in 9 women will develop breast cancer
Heart Attack (Source: The Heart and Stroke Foundation)
– 1 in 4 Canadians will contract some form of heart disease
Stroke (Source: The Heart and Stroke Foundation)
– 50,000 Canadians suffer a stroke each year
– 1/3 of stroke victims are under the age of 65
– 75% survive the initial event
Critical illness insurance will help you during physical, emotional and financial strain while recovering.
Medical advances have dramatically improved and more Canadians than ever are surviving life threatening illnesses.
Ensuring Your Quality of Life.
A lump sum of money is paid out to you, when you get diagnosed with:
Major Organ Transplant
Loss of Speech
Loss of Limbs
Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
Hearth Valve Replacement
Motor Neutron Disease
Occupational HIV Infection
Loss of Independent Existence